Skip to Content

Uintah Basin
Applied Technology College



What Is Federal Student Aid?

Federal student aid comes from the U.S. Department of Education. Its money that may help a student pay for higher education expenses such as tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation and personal expense.

There are three main categories of federal student aid: grants, work study and loans.

The UBATC participates in the grants category only-Federal Pell Grant. The federal pell grant, gift aid, is a grant for needy undergraduate students. The amount of your award is based on a formula which assesses your income and assets.

Who Gets Federal Student Aid?

Basic eligibility requirements are that you must:

  • Complete and submit your FAFSA to confirm financial need
  • Have a valid Social Security Number
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Register with Selective Service, if required
  • Have a high school diploma or GED
  • Officially register and start attending in an approved training program as a regular student working toward a certificate
  • Not be in default on any federal loan or owe repayment on any grant at any school previously attended
  • Maintain satisfactory progress/attendance in your program of study according to the standards of the financial aid office


STEP 1: Apply for a PIN at

STEP 2: Complete and submit your FAFSA on-line at School code is 013721.

STEP 3: Call 435-725-7103 to schedule an appointment with the financial aid coordinator.

UBATC Deadline
Approved Programs
Processing Time
Award Information
More Information

UBATC Application Deadline

The deadline for the 2016-2017 school year is the last Friday in May 2016.

Approved Training Programs:

UBATC Roosevelt Campus:

  • Practical Nurse
  • Office Professional
  • Medical Assistant
  • Culinary Arts (coming soon)

UBATC Vernal Campus:

  • Accounting Technician
  • Auto Technology
  • Heavy Duty Diesel
  • Petroleum Technology
  • Business Administrative Support

Processing Time

Please allow 90 days for the complete financial aid processing cycle once you have submitted the following required documents to the financial aid office:

  • Pre-registration form (see career center)
  • Registration form (see registrar desk)
  • Application for financial assistance (see admissions office).
  • Prior credit questionnaire (see admissions office).

If you are a student who has been selected for verification or unusual enrollment history by the U. S. Department of Education the processing time will be longer. The financial aid office is unable to credit federal pell grant funds to your student account until we have concluded the verification and/or unusual enrollment history process in accordance with federal regulations.

Federal student aid is a process both at the government level and at the school level. Please do not bring in your student aid report on the first day of classes or shortly before and expect that your federal student aid will be ready or that charges will be covered.

When Do I Receive My Award?

When the processing cycle at UBATC is complete, eligible students will be notified  by the financial aid office and will receive a folder including the following:

AWARD LETTER: The letter will indicate the amount of the award and the number and amount of disbursements by payment period to be made during the school year.

The student must stop by the financial aid office to discuss the terms of their award letter before an authorization will be placed on file in the registrar’s office so that tuition and fee charges may be covered.

DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS SCHEDULE: The schedule will indicate the monthly date that checks will be available to eligible students for the release of credit balances.

SATISFACTORY PROGRESS/ATTENDANCE WORKSHEET: The worksheet will indicate each student’s measurement points throughout their training program.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS: It is the student’s responsibility to review the basic requirements. If you have questions or concerns, schedule an appointment with the financial aid coordinator.

WARNING: It is the student’s responsibility to make certain that they understand the requirements that govern their federal student aid.

When Do I Receive My First Check?

Although tuition and fee charges are covered once the authorization is filed with the registrar’s office, students will not receive a check for allowable educational expenses until the actual disbursement has been made to their student account and gone through the processing cycle in the fiscal office. This means that once students have tuition & fee costs retained in their account any remaining credit balance will be returned to them in a check for allowable educational expenses.

Where Do I Get My Check?

After eligible students have been notified by the financial aid office, they must go to the registrar’s office to pick up their check.

WARNING:   If you are convicted of drug distribution or possession, your eligibility for Title IV Student Financial Aid is subject to suspension or termination.

Uinta Basin Applied Technology College

cdl video

UBATC Highlight Video

Petroleum Technology